VENEZUELAN CLASSIC SPONGE CAKE





This is the classic sponge deep round cake recipe and it's perfect for making high tiered cakes. I decided to make it celebrate the first month old of my baby and I decorated with fondant, I just love this one because it's a really stable cake, you can also make it layers and use some fruits or cream in between of them.

Later on, I will show you how it looks with fondant. Enjoy this recipe any time. 
Ingredients
  • 200 grams  sugar (I used brown)
  • 200 grams butter or margarine (I used unsalted)
  • 250 grams self raising flour 
  • 4 large eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Syrup (optional)
  • 50 grams water
  • 50 grams sugar
Method
  • Preheat your oven to 130 Celsius.
  • Butter the bottom and sides of a 6 inch (15cm) round cake tin, cut out a piece of round baking paper and put it on the bottom of the cake tin and then flour the sides. Put to one side.
  • Cream your butter, vanilla extract and sugar together and then add your yolk one at a time and beat well between each addition.
  • Add your flour and salt and mix well until smooth.
  • Spoon your mixture into the prepared cake tin and level it with a knife.
  • Them bit the egg whites with a pinch of salt until gets volume, them add it to the rest of the mixture using a baking spoon and do not over mix.
  • Bake in the oven for 75-90 minutes. Test with a toothpick to test if it is ready. If it comes out clean then it is ready.
  • Leave it in the cake tin for 10 minutes before removing it and then putting it upside down on a cooling rack to cool completely.
  • While your cake is cooling make some syrup by mixing the syrup ingredients in a pot and then bring it to the boil.
  • When you take the cake out of the cake tin prick some holes on it with a toothpick and then spoon the syrup into the cake and let it absorb into the cake before adding more. You can use all or some of it.
Actually this is a really easy cake and lactose free cake, also prett Classic in Venezuela, we really love it. I hope you guys bake it and send me som pic. This is how I turn it my cake for a very special occasion. 


Remember to follow me on my media accounts @vetoffee on Instagram and Facebook. 



CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Back
to top